It’s Complicated: the social lives of networked teens by danah boyd
The topics covered are:
- Identity – why do teens seem strange online?
- Privacy - why do youth share so publicly?
- Addiction – what makes teens obsessed with social media?
- Danger – are sexual predators lurking everywhere?
- Bullying – is social media amplifying meanness and cruelty?
- Inequality – can social media resolve social divisions?
- Literacy – are today’s youth digital natives?
I would highly recommend this book to you no matter how much your teaching and learning practice touches the issues of social networking, digital identity, and trying to help our kids create positive digital footprints. At the very least, make sure to review the 22 page introduction as It give a great deal of insight into this complicated world we live in.